Saturday, May 18, 2019

Refueled

One evening, I thought where I needed to go and come back home was within walking distance, my kind of walking distance. To travel light, I brought only the essentials - some cash, phone and house keys.

It was my bad. I didn't check the actual distance. I was way too assuming.

Going there, the distance was double of what I had thought to be. Will I by now still come back the same way so to let my yes be yes?

The stubborn me refused to use cash money to take a bus as it would cost me more compared to using the travel card. Though it would be just a little bit more, really little, I gave in to my stubbornness to stay with what I have originally planned to do - walk.

This assumption met with another assumption. I thought the path home would be the same old, same old.

I forgot it was at night.

Wow!! What was rather common during the day turned out to be astounding when night sky fell and the street lights shone. I was literally forced to pause to take pictures. Waters, leaves, bushes, flowers, footpaths, benches...the quietness, the serenity, the stillness.

What an aesthetic night walk which refueled my senses, my soul. Borrow a quote - Spending time out in nature can refuel the senses and creative reserves. So true. And I am definitely all for it - for the most welcome creative reserves as an artist.

No comments: